Our team is thrilled to announce the public launch of MyChoice this fall! After over a year of development and thorough testing from our pantry partner, A Place to Turn, we’re beginning to roll out the final product to local pantries.
What is MyChoice?
MyChoice is a cloud-based application, available on any device with a web browser and natively on Android and Windows (iOS app coming February 2022). MyChoice allows food pantries to offer order-ahead and online scheduling for food selection and pickup. Pantries can manage clients, products, and individual order forms – assigning forms to clients based on program enrollment and household size/members. Clients can provide product preferences and schedule pickup online or in-app, with directions and in-app check-in when they arrive at the pantry.
Who can use MyChoice?
MyChoice has been in development for the last year, operating in a closed beta with our partner, A Place to Turn. This summer, we opened up applications to other New England pantries interested in the beta. This fall/winter, we are opening the app to all US food pantries that offer choice selection to their clients.
Registered clients can sign up in the app as soon as their pantry comes on board. The MyChoice client app is available via native web browsers, with prgressive web app support for iOS, macOS, Windows, and Android. Mac, Windows, and Android users can also install the web app for near-native performance and quicker access.
Benefits for Pantries
- Manage clients, their households (and members), programs, and contact information
- Send private messages to clients in-app, with email notifications for missed messages
- Manage products to show in app, sorted into aisles, shelves, and categories.
- Integration with My Plate – show food group labels on each shelf!
- Offer weekly pickup or multiple, pre-scheduled pickup days
- Coordinate pickup times with clients via in-app messaging or SMS
- Let clients check-in from their phones when they arrive at the pantry
- Set reorder period for returning clients – 30 days default