With the recent release of WordPress 5.3, WP Core now supports keyboard shortcuts on macOS (and iPadOS)! Continuity between web applications reduces the learning-curve and hiccups when using different services. These changes bring WordPress more inline with web apps like Google Docs and Office Online.
We’ve included a short list of our most-used shortcuts below, but check out all the new additions by pressing CTRL + Option + H to see the full list.
Shortcuts below are listed for macOS (and iPadOS) – Windows shortcuts for Chrome and Firefox are similar, replacing the ⌘ Command key with Control.
- Save your changes: ⌘S
- Undo your last changes: ⌘Z
- Redo your last undo: ⇧⌘Z
- Show or hide the settings sidebar: ⇧⌘,
- Switch between Visual Editor and Code Editor: ⇧⌥⌘M
- Select all text when typing (twice to select all blocks): ⌘A
- Clear selection: Esc
- Duplicate the selected block(s): ⇧⌘D
- Remove the selected block(s): ^⌥Z
- Insert a new block before the selected block(s): ⌥⌘T
- Insert a new block after the selected block(s): ⌥⌘Y
- Make the selected text bold: ⌘B
- Make the selected text italic: ⌘I
- Convert the selected text into a link: ⌘K
- Remove a link: ⇧⌘K
- Underline the selected text: ⌘U